The scholarship opportunities listed below will support post 9/11 military veterans’ undertaking or planning to undertake full-time undergraduate study in any disciplinary field in the Australia to USA direction and USA to Australia direction. These scholarships will provide support of up to US $40,000 to use toward travel, living, tuition and other associated educational costs and may be used in conjunction with other veteran support such as the GI Bill.
- Veterans’ Fund Undergraduate Scholarships (both directions): Supports American and Australian veterans to study in any disciplinary field, in the country of the other.
Applicants do not have to be accepted into the accredited educational institution at the time of application, though should be actively looking for placement.
Australia to USA: Open for application on February 1 to March 15 each year.
USA to Australia: Open for application on September 1 to October 15 each year.
To be eligible to apply to the Undergraduate Veteran Scholarships in the Australia to USA direction, applicants must:
- Be an honorably discharged post 9/11 military veteran from Australia;
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (dual US citizens/permanent residents are not eligible);
- Be undertaking or planning to undertake Undergraduate study at an accredited educational institution in the US;
- Be studying or planning to study for a minimum of one year full-time in the US.
To be eligible to apply to the Undergraduate Veteran Scholarships in the USA to Australia direction, applicants must:
- Be an honorably discharged post 9/11 military veteran from the USA;
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident (dual Australian citizens/permanent residents are not eligible);
- Be undertaking or planning to undertake Undergraduate study at an accredited educational institution in the Australia;
- Be studying or planning to study for a minimum of one year full-time in Australia.
Application links to apply online will be made available on this page when each application round is open (as per the dates listed above). Once you have started your application you can save, leave and go back any time before submitting by the due date. Please ensure to save your application each time you exit the browser in case of unforeseen technical difficulties. You will be notified of the results of your application roughly eight weeks after the deadline, at which shortlisted applicants will receive further instruction.
The following documents will be required when applying for a Veterans’ scholarship in either direction. All documents that are not images/video should be saved and uploaded as a PDF:
- High resolution colored headshot with a plain white background (minimum 1MB/300 DPI);
- Video presentation (1-2 minutes) introducing yourself and your planned study in the country of the other;
- Passport biographic page;
- Military discharge papers;
- 1-page resume;
- Detailed budget outlining expenses and income throughout the year of supported study – please download and use the Veterans’ Scholarships Budget Template as a guide. Also available to download in the application portal;
- Please note: Once the portal is open for application, applicants are required to request at least 2x Letter of Recommendation requests. Referee’s will have until 1 week after the portal officially closes, to submit their Letters. We encourage applicants to submit their referee requests from the portal, as soon as they start their application, to allow the referee’s ample time.
An example of each application can be downloaded here:
For further information please visit the AAA scholarships FAQs page.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions prior to starting an application.
To make inquiries about these scholarships please contact AAA Education Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 212 338 6860 x 304.