EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER (Full Time – New York)
Prestigious non-profit organization with headquarters in NYC offers outstanding employment opportunity. Position reports to COO and requires the ability to work in a collaborative, small team environment.
Employment is offered with a starting annual salary of US$60,000-$80,000 (depending on experience), 15 days annual leave and health insurance.
POSITION TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal functions of the position include:
- Administration and co-ordination of the Association’s growing Graduate Education, Veterans’ Education and Arts Scholarship and Grant programs;
- Development of an active and engaged network of over 900 Association scholars and alumni;
- Development and strengthening of relationships with American and Australian universities and other related partners;
- Event organization and assistance;
- Web content updating and e-marketing of scholarship programs;
- Answer telephone and email communications from prospective applicants;
- Co-ordinate and administer the online application process for scholarship programs from start to finish through our online application system, including assisting applicants with the process as needed;
- Review all applications for eligibility prior to facilitating the review process;
- Coordinate and allocate the external panel of reviewers, which includes Association and American & Australian academic and professional representatives;
- Coordinate interviews and assist in matching applicants with corporate sponsored scholarships;
- Create and distribute scholarship offers to selected recipients;
- Collate, develop and present content from scholars;
- Closely track and coordinate scholars’ payment schedules, ensuring grants and budgets match on a monthly basis.
- Build relationships with American and Australian universities and related organizations;
- Manage outreach and marketing of Association scholarship programs, including research and development of new networks to expand outreach;
- Assist with creating new partnerships and scholarships as the scholarship program continues to grow.
- In concert with alumni and Association management, create and develop a vibrant and interactive community of alumni;
- Track, maintain and update database of alumni;
- Develop new alumni focused events and mentorship programs;
- Coordinate alumni participation at Association events.
Web Content Design and Marketing:
- Create and update web content and e-marketing materials;
- Collect and collate content from scholars for website, social media and e-newsletter.
- Create in-person and virtual networking opportunities and events for alumni and scholars; including arranging visits and engagement with corporate sponsors of the Association;
- Organize and manage scholar and alumni participation and representation at AAA events;
- Collate scholars’ bios and headshots for presentations and programs;
- Create event budgets and manage event logistics.
Because this is a small office with a very active program of events, the incumbent will be expected to assist where necessary with all these activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years work experience, preferably in a program administrator or alumni development role;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of small team with a cooperative and collaborative work style;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and create harmonious relationships with a diverse population of constituents;
- Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter, with the ability to stay on task and work productively with a minimal amount of supervision;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks and assist where necessary with all program activities;
- Ability to adapt and work effectively as the Association’s programs develop and grow;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner, balancing the demands of concurrent and potentially competing projects;
- Exercise sound judgement and the ability to think through problems, organize and seek out information and generate solutions;
- Strong computer literacy and skills including with Outlook Email; Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Zoom; experience using online application systems a plus;
- Ability to collect and analyze data and create reports that add value to program goals;
- Some experience with planning and executing events would be advantageous;
- This is an in-office position with occasional work from home;
- Some afterhours work is required.
Applications Close: 6:00 PM on Tuesday, 30 November 2021. Please send your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American and Australian candidates welcome to apply. E3 friendly for eligible candidates.
Applications that are not accompanied by a cover letter will not be considered.