EVENTS & MEMBERSHIP MANAGER (Full Time) - New York
The American Australian Association, a prestigious non-profit organization with headquarters in NYC offers an outstanding employment opportunity. The position reports to Director of Corporate, Government, Social & Cultural Programs.
Employment is offered with an annual salary of US$55,000 (depending on experience), plus annual bonus. Continued employment is subject to the successful completion of a 3 month probation period. The position includes generous benefits (outlined below).
POSITION – TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal functions of the position include:
1) Development and management of regular social and cultural events programming;
2) Individual and family membership management, including recruitment of new members and maintenance of member database;
3) Administration of the Association’s Dame Joan Sutherland Fund for aspiring artists;
4) Web content design and marketing of events.
1) Social and Cultural Program
In conjunction with the Director Corporate, Government, Social & Cultural Programs, and relevant Committees of the Association:
• Develop and implement the Association’s annual calendar of social and cultural events; including those run jointly with similar organizations e.g. G’DAY USA;
• Edit and develop Social and Cultural content on the Association website, including design and marketing of events and electronic email marketing;
Develop financial budgets for all events. Ensure all events are profit generating and contribute to overhead costs of the Association;
Manage and develop the Dame Joan Sutherland Fund for apprising artists;
Assist Australian Women in New York (AWNY) sub-group;
Manage volunteer support for all events.
• Promote and recruit individual and family memberships for the Association;
• Develop membership benefit incentives;
• Answer telephone and email communications from new and potential members;
• Maintain membership database of contacts;
• Maintain membership website content;
• Enlarge database of contacts to expand distribution of Association communication materials.
3) Dame Joan Sutherland Fund
• Co-ordinate and administer online DJSF application process for aspiring artists;
• Review and co-ordinate applications for funding for the judging panel;
• Answer telephone and email communications from prospective applicants;
• Obtain prizes and organize Qantas raffles / silent auctions in support of fundraising initiatives for the DJSF.
4) Web Content Design and Marketing
• Design and prepare marketing materials for each upcoming event;
• Create and update web content and assist with social media;
• Create and distribute monthly e-newsletter.
5) Other Duties
Because this is a small office with a very active program of corporate, government, social and cultural events, the incumbent will be expected to assist where necessary with all these activities. This position will require some after-hours work.
• Bachelor’s Degree, minimum;
• Min. 3 years’ event management/marketing experience, including creation and management of budgets, fundraising, production timelines, event logistics, contract negotiation etc.;
• Excellent written and professional presentation skills;
Demonstrated proactive attitude, excellent time management, organizational and planning skills;
Excellent computer skills - specifically creating and manipulating excel spreadsheets, mail merge, powerpoint and database management;
Experience creating and editing website content - graphic design and html skills a plus;
Proven ability to develop and build strong professional relationships with board, members, volunteers, vendors, venues and represent the Association at the highest level;
Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to be an effective team member and contribute to a hardworking, dynamic team; and
An understanding of the people and culture of Australia and New Zealand is desirable.
• 3 weeks’ annual leave, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Health insurance
• Monthly MTA Transit Pass
• Life insurance*
• Long and short term disability insurance*
• 403 B Scheme*
(*available after completion of probationary period)
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
Your application should include each of the following three components:
1. Cover Letter
2. Your Statement of Claim against the Selection Criteria
In this statement, you should explain why you believe that you are a suitable candidate for the advertised position and how your skills / experience would enable you to perform against the individual selection criteria. Please highlight relevant experience and provide examples of work you have done. NOTE: Applications which do not include a Statement of Claim, or do not address ALL selection criteria will not be taken into consideration.
3. Resume – please submit this in word format.
Applications close at 6pm EDT on Monday, August 31, 2015.
Please submit completed applications by the closing date / time to: email@example.com
Debbie Chappel: Director of Corporate, Government, Social & Cultural Programs, American Australian Association